Wednesday, September 05, 2012

Me, Math and the Internet (3)

PART THREE:

LOOKING FOR HYPERCOMPLEX

NUMBERS 



Well, when I joined the mailing list Hypernumbers moderated by Kevin Carmody when I still embrace the integration of schools with only about half integralism same mathematical congruent with the view of social constructivism plus universalism platonic. The moderator then assume that hypernumber by Charles Muses as a generalization of complex numbers is a natural mathematical, comprehensive and closed. 
 In fact I would argue that it's the real math is incomplete, social and open. The Hyper-Numbers version of the Muses it is an extension of complex numbers in stages, but I think the math is not yet an ideal as imagined Plato. In view of the Muses, real numbers and complex numbers is only the first two levels of the whole hyper number has eight levels. Of course, initially I did not tell half integral mathematical view it. 
But when I had to pass the list owner censorship, I had to make a blog hypernumber on blogger.com as an alternative. Unfortunately blogspot was slow to be updated, so I opened eGroup hypernumber at yahoogroups.com accompanying eGroup hypercomplex homemade Jens Koeplinger which is an alternative to egroupnya Kevin Carmody whose name was changed by the moderator to ScienceAndConsciousness discussing science's version of the Transcendental Meditation Maharishi Mahesh Yogi .

Fortunately, I finally found a quick blog space, named multiply.com where I present my thoughts are popular. The views of integralism on the mathematical in the personal version of Jean Piaget to the social version through the dialogue about Magic Square. But then I also has to remember, when the dialogue on the quasicrystal, the path from the universal to the personal a la Plato that I have forgotten. Consequently, the concept of integral mathematics I could be formulated somewhat coherent and complete.

As it goes, I proposed a dialogue on colored numbers which is no other than popularization of mathematics hypercomplex numbers as the extension of complex numbers that is different from the  hypernumbers theory of Charles Muses. In my view, colored numbers or hypercomplex numbers is a much larger space than the space of  numbers as it is imagined by Pythagoras .

Among the number of non-musean hypercomplex numbers are the Marek 14 findings of polyplex number in the Czech Republic. But unfortunately, it does not define what exactly Marek  polyplex number is except the given the multiplication table of its units. The multidimensional polyplex numbers has a multiplication abd addition which are commutative, associative and distributive. But unlike the sometimes complex number we can multiply two nonzero polyples numbers to produce zero. This means that zero can have dividers that is not equal to zero.

Fortunately, when I try to present polyplex numbers as colored numbers, I found that basically polyplex numbers form a ring equivalent to all the polynomial ring modulo a certain finite degree polynomial which is defined by Marek a defining characteristic polynomialfor the multiplication of the polyplex numbers.  
Sadly, despite of the finding of the equality, I still can not prove the Marek conjecture that  fundamental algebra of a polyplex numbers with certain complex characteristic polynomial can be broken down into a direct sum-algebra polyplex number with these simple polynomials which multiplied to the complex caharacteristic polynomial. (Sorry, the actual conjecture of Marek is a bit more complex than that). This is certainly a great deal of work for me.

So, while I defer proving the Marek conjecture, apparently recently I got a severe intellectual crisis. During this time I saw the hypercomplex linear algebra is built on the basis of a linear vector space, which in turn built on the field of real numbers. But now, unexpectedly, my belief in the uniqueness of the real number field as the largest one dimensional number seems to be falling apart.

And I also experienced the greatest intellectual crisis in the history of my life. Intellectual crises previously was when I studied the theory of relativity and quantum mechanics at the time I was a student. At that time, of course there was a guide that help me out of the crisis which breaks down the belief of the absolute Newtonian space and time. The guides are my teachers. Now I have to face it alone. Sorry. I was accompanied by friends like you in the cyberspace.

No comments: